Gadar star Ameesha Patel faces non-bailable warrant in Moradabad cheque bounce case: What is the dispute?
Organiser claims no-show, partial refund and bounced cheque
According to a report by Free Press Journal, the complaint was filed by event organiser Pawan Verma. He claimed that Ameesha Patel was booked to perform at a wedding in Moradabad on November 16, 2017.
As per the complaint, an advance payment of Rs 14.50 lakh was made and arrangements for her stay were finalised at a hotel on Delhi Road in Moradabad. The organiser alleged that the actress did not travel to the city on the scheduled date.
Verma told the court that after discussions, she assured him of a full refund. He said that Rs 10 lakh was returned in cash, while a cheque of Rs 4.50 lakh issued later allegedly bounced. After the payment dispute, he approached the court seeking legal recourse.
Despite repeated summons from the Additional Civil Judge (Junior Division) court, Ameesha did not appear, prompting the court to issue a non-bailable warrant to secure her presence.
Ameesha Patel claims dispute was settled years ago
Responding to the development, Ameesha Patel addressed the issue on Instagram and said the matter was old and already settled.
She wrote, “Media reports suggest about certain proceedings at Moradabad by one Pawan Verma. I wish to inform one and all that this is a v v old matter which was years back in which the said Pawan Verma had signed a settlement deed and received the entire agreed amount. Despite this it seems he has lodged proceedings making false allegations. My lawyers are initiating appropriate criminal proceedings of cheating against this person to expose his lies while I prefer to focus on my work and ignore people who choose to make a public spectacle for gaining attention on false pretexts,” she wrote.Her counsel Abhishek Sharma also said the dispute dates back to 2017 and had already been resolved through a settlement. He maintained that the full amount had been returned following the agreement and expressed confidence that the actress would appear before the court to present her side.
How the dispute resurfaced
The case returned to court after fresh proceedings linked to the original 2017 wedding booking complaint. The complaint repeated the allegation that the actress did not attend the event despite receiving advance payment and later issued a cheque that bounced.










































Post Comment